Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with Hournal translations

Hi,

I have a little problem with journal translations.

I have two languages, and both are vissible when I click on my journals in Speech submenu in AC Game Editor. So it seems, that game engine is aware, that specific journal has specific translation.

However, when I run the game, change the language, I won't see journal translation at all. I see other text translated, but not journals.

Does someone have such problems as me ? Maybe some sollution for that is available ?

Currently I'm debugging AC to see how translation works.

Comments

• I find out, that in case of journal, translation method always has 0 as languageNumber. Morover, when, in that method, I call Option.getLanguage() I will always get 0, even If in Options there is 1 set.
    Strange.

Her is the code from JournalMenu.cs

private string TranslatePage (JournalPage page, int languageNumber)

{

if (languageNumber > 0)

{

return (KickStarter.runtimeLanguages.GetTranslation (page.text, page.lineID, languageNumber));

}

return page.text;

}

• Actually I managed to debug it better. It seems, that in code above, when translation is required for Journal, to (KickStarter.runtimeLanguages.GetTranslation() goes this:
    text - proper journal text
    lineId - -1
    languageNUmber - 1

So because of lineId equal -1 I always get original translation.
    Now  I'm trying to find out, why it is always lineId equal -1 for all my journals
  • edited May 2016
    OK, I solve It. There is a bug (I belive because of copy paste made by author of AC ;-) )

Instead of this:

public JournalPage (JournalPage journalPage)

{

lineID = -1;

text = journalPage.text;

}

It should be that:

public JournalPage (JournalPage journalPage)

{

lineID = journalPage.lineID;

text = journalPage.text;

}

Now it works perfect.

• edited May 2016
    The -1 is intentional, because the code is also used when the element is copied within the menu manager.  A proper fix will be issued in v1.51g.
  • This mean i cannot use my sollution ? But it works ;-)
  • You can use it in the meantime, so long as you don't copy the Menu or Journal element in the Menu Manager.