Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can the player stop walking when hitting UI elements?

Im making a 3D point and click game and I have this problem that when I hit a button in the corner of my screen, the character runs towards the corner of the screen. Is there a way around this? 

Comments

• What versions of AC and Unity?  Is this a Unity UI-based menu element?  I have heard a similar issue that I will be having to look into.
  • Im running with AC 1.5i, Unity 5.3.3f1

Im using both AC UI and Unity UI. 

So its a normal feature in AC that the UI elements doesn't affect the pathfinding? 

• This may be late, and I use direct control, so it may not apply, but did you try changing the UIs layer? You could also resort to using the Pause game option in the menu, which is what I've been doing with my prompts... Anyways, hope you get it (or got it) working!
  • A Unity UI linked to AC should block mouse clicks made to the scene.  Update to v1.51f, which should fix the issue.
  • Since I updated, I the UI buttons doesn't do anything. I have put in my old settings and all. 
    When I uncheck "Ignore curser clicks" I can click the UI and things happen, but the player can't move... Have you seen this before? 
  • What's  the game state when this happens? also, in the very bottom of the settings manager you will have an option to display the currently running action lists. These two things might help you find out whats going on.

If it displays "paused" then maybe the menu or some other running actionlist is pausing the game. Conversations and other stuff can also "block gameplay", so check the game state first.
  • As the name suggests, a Menu won't be clickable if the "Ignore cursor clicks?" option is checked.  When you say the player can't move, do you mean gameplay itself is paused, or the player won't move when you click specifically over a UI?