Forum rules - please read before posting.

Highlight Pulse continually problem

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I highlighted the Hotspot in a Cube Object and through the Interaction I called this Action :

Object:Highlight; Object to Highlight:Cube; Highlight Type: Pulse Continually

but when I select it in game it only glows once  unless I select it again. I read your manual but it doesn't even mention the 4 possible choice in this Action .

Comments

• The pulse will get cancelled if it's highlighted through normal gameplay.  Under what circumstances are you calling this Action, and how are Hotspots interacted with in your game?
  • I thought it was enough to use this Action:

Object:Highlight; Object to Highlight:Cube; Highlight Type: Pulse Continually

and if the object has the Highlight script plus, of course, a Hotspot on it would be enough to see it "pulsing" without having to use the mouse or selecting the Hotspot, maybe I am wrong, as I said I only got some rough info through a 2014 Forum discussion  on the subject.

• What I mean is: at what point are you running this Action?  It will indeed cause the Hotspot to pulse continually, but like I said - it'll stop if interrupted (e.g. mouse goes over it).
  • Yes I got you. I had it in the wrong action. For testing I placed in the StartUp and it works.

Thanks