Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu depth

Hi folks,

I'm using a third-party options/settings manager which I want to appear over an AC-based options menu. I've got it set up to toggle on and off, but for the life of me I can't get the third-party menu to appear "on top of"/above the AC-based menu. I tested this with another simple canvas (to rule out the possibility of this other asset being the cause), and it does the same thing. No matter what I set AC's GUI depth to in the menu manager, no matter what I set the canvas's sort order to, the AC menu is always on top of the other canvas.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a setting hidden somewhere that I've neglected to change?

Comments

• Is this third-party menu drawn with Unity UI?  AC's built-in menu system uses OnGUI, which will always appear above Unity UI.  You will have to convert your game's Menu system to Unity UI in order to control their relative depths.
  • Ooh, yeah it's with Unity UI. Okay cool, thanks for letting me know. Off I go then!