Forum rules - please read before posting.

Diary

I need help in one thing.
I made a Diary like the tutorial now i need one more thing.
When i talk to somebody i store a new page with something like "Talk to that guy/Take money/etc" so what i want it´s when you talk to that guy or take money is done, show the same text but like this Talk to that guy 
any idea?
Thanks

Comments

• The Diary/Journal system is not really intended for anything dynamic like an objective system - it's more for things like books that the player can pick up and read.

For any kind of special text effect like a strikethrough, you're best off using Unity UI, first of all, rather than AC's built-in menu system (it easily integrates with AC, see this tutorial).  I would recommend having your various objectives on display as separate Menu Label elements, and then use Global Variables that keep track of whether or not they've been completed.  When your Menu turns on, you then run an ActionList that reads these variable values, which then adds or removes a strikethrough effect accordingly.  The strikethrough would be done via a custom script, which could be triggered from within the ActionList.
  • And for the turn page like the journal?
  • You could have each page as a separte menu and use buttons to show/hide different menus.  A bit laborious if you have many pages - you may prefer to simply have the whole thing a custom solution.