Forum rules - please read before posting.

Free Navigation along a Path

Is it possible to make the player move like a Point and Click game, but always follow along the same path that was designed (in both ways) ?

I need to freely click anywhere on the floor to move. But player should walk closer to that point, and walking along a path. I have to avoid player stoping or colliding, this happened to me with a thin navMesh with the shape of the path I need. That is why, I would like to make it follow a strict path.

Comments

• Creating a thin NavMesh would've been my suggestion - are you saying you tried that and it didn't work out?  What was wrong with that?
  • I tried that, but the movement of the player isn't smooth. The player gets stuck on corners. I tried reducing the navmeshAgent radius, baking settings, and other things
  • By "gets stuck on corners", are you referring to wall colliders?  If your game relies purely on pathfinding, you don't need to have wall colliders.

Know that you can always incorporate your own movement system if you prefer - including Unity's NavMeshAgent script - just add AC's NavMeshAgentIntegration component to your player, and he'll then rely on NavMeshAgent for movement instead.