Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to transfer a scene from one project to another

I have a project called "AAA" and inside among others I have a scene called 'aaa' which I would like to copy to another project called "BBBB" .

If I do an export package of that scene 'aaa' it takes everything with it (all assets, all actions..) and when I import it into my project "BBBB" it clubbers everything inside. What is the procedure to do that, I repeat: Transfer a scene from one project to another

Comments

• Good question, I like to know this aswell. You can select all dependencies while having clicked on the scene and then export it as package. For some reason I got an error though that holds me back to do this.
  • I looked in Unity docs and their answer is not satisfying either. You either export the scene and import INTO ANOTHER PROJECT or to put it in the project as an add on  (which is what I want)  you carry everything in the package including AC, all the asset store package I use in that project, etc..... Or when importing you say Import None... and then start guessing which of the 100 or so lines you need or not. Not an smooth way for sure
  • The way I'd do it, as purple shine stated select dependencies ( from project folder ) then when I export selected items ( I uncheck select dependencies )

This seems to ignore everything else not used into that scene.

Of course you'd want to have important stuff such as AC and other in your other project or errors will show up.
  • Sorry guys but I don't understand what you do. What do you mean by "select dependencies"? or even less what do you mean by "..when export selected items"

I can only click at the scene in may case and how can I "select" certain dependencies therein ?

image and out it comes with everything inside this project including most of what I don't need because I have them in the next project where I want to import this scene (such as AC and others)

Your help is appreciated

• To export files from your project, select them in your Project window (or just the containing folder) and choose Assets -> Export package... from the top toolbar.  From there, you can specify exactly which files get exported.  Dependencies (i.e. files that the ones you've selected depend on to function properly) are selected by default - this will include AC, for example.  You can de-select these if you already have AC installed in the project you're importing into.
  • Sure Chris that's the way I have been doing it since it's the only one but I think it is abominable. Whatever is wrong with the ubiquitous Windows Copy files : "Overwrite? : only older"

• I'm no Unity engineer, but it's likely down to the meta files Unity creates to keep track of file changes.
  • Well it is tedious but can do. Life itself is the same !!