Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation using UIButton (uiButton.onClick.AddListener failing)

edited April 2016 in Technical Q&A
I'm having a tough time setting up actual UI Buttons to use with the "Conversation" (choice selection) function in Adventure Creator.

AC v1.51c(ish??)
Unity Personal 5.3.4 (Windows 7)

I've created my Canvas, created a panel inside, created a couple UI buttons (with text children), then set up the "Conversation" section under the "Menu" area in the AC Game Editor.

Except, I cannot get my buttons to actually work.

The options show up, yes, this is fine, but I cannot click on the buttons. Moreover, the "hover" states that I setup also aren't being triggered. AC recognizes that I'm mousing over the selections, because I hear the sound effects I setup in the panel for them. But the mouseover graphics aren't showing, nor is the onClick event being fired.

I actually traced the buttons down into MenuDialogList.cs, under the function LoadUnityUI(), and found that the uiSlot.uiButton.onClick.AddListener ( [...] ) function you have isn't actually adding the event to the button.

Am I maybe doing something wrong?

I've also tested this with fresh buttons created with the "Create > UI > Button" and it still doesn't seem to work.

Comments