Forum rules - please read before posting.

New window and menu option

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi i want to make a new menu stuff and window.
In my game you visit a lot of real places and i want when you are in one you unlock the place. So in the menu you have an option and in a new window you have the real photo place and some information of that place.
Any idea to make that.

Comments

• somethin like this
  • edited July 2014
    Hey tinchopunk!

First of all... I just LOVE your game... I readed a preview from "La fortaleza de Lechuck"... good artwork and trailer... in general, impressive work, I'm looking forward it :)

And now... on AC menus...

Menus:

For the example you posted I would use 5 menus. One for the whole window and facts and one for each picture+textbox fact (total=4).

MenuFactsWindow: So the first menu, the window one, should have the facts checks, all positioned relative to that menu...

You could use toggle buttons for the facts and custom scripts writing custom code on MenuSystem.OnElementClick but lets do it with buttons and actionlists :)

You can have two buttons for each fact. One with the unlocked image, not visible, and the other with the locked image, initially visible, at the same position. When clicked, the locked do nothing, and the unlocked runs an actionlist like "ActionShowFactsLevel1_Fact1". The same with the other enabled fact-buttons with its own actionlist.

MenuLevel1_Fact1, 2, 3...: The facts menus, should have the fact image (use a button without action and the picture as bg texture), and a textbox (you could use a label wide and high enough, like a box) with the fact text. Copy and paste the menu, and do another fact, and so on...

With custom scripting you could have just one menu layout and use it changing their text and image, but... well, it's ok :P

Actionlists:

With this actions we have the clicking on unlocked facts...

ActionHideFactsLevel1
    : One action Menu->Change state->Turn OFF hiding each fact menu
    ActionShowFactsLevel1_Fact1:
      1º Engine->Custom->Run Actionlist: ActionHideFactsLevel1
      2º Menu->Change state->Turn ON menu: MenuLevel1_Fact1
    ActionShowFactsLevel1_Fact2: ... the same with MenuLevel1_Fact2

But now we must deal with showing the whole window and unlocking a new fact... lets say I reach a point where I must unlock something... We can have a local boolean for each fact unlock (considering that the facts are not global)

On a trigger zone -> RunActionlist

ActionUnlockFact2:
      1º Check boolean variable Fact2Unlocked if already unlocked, exit, else...
      2º Change local variable Fact2Unlocked to true
      3º Menu->Change state->Show Menu Element Fact2_UnlockedButton
      4º Menu->Change state->Hide  Menu Element Fact2_LockedButton
      5º Menu->Change state->Turn ON MenuFactsWindow
      6º Run actionlist ActionShowFactsLevel1_Fact2

Something like that... Building the menus from code or with custom scripts or actions could be far easier but, anyway, I hope it helps :)
  • Thanks its helps a lot. My game is "Tango, the adventure game" i think you confuse with other game :)  http://aventuratango2x4.wordpress.com/
  • Ahh!! Sorry, I just recognised the screenshot you posted! :P

Anyway, good work on your Tango adventure!

Ps. Una aventura sobre el Tango! que idea más interesante!