Forum rules - please read before posting.

Combining hotspots within a scene without involving inventory

First of all - apologies if this issue has been raised and answered before (I think I might have seen something about it previously but I can't find where).

How can I create a hotspot in my scene that allows me to combine that hotspot with another hotspot in the same scene without adding an item into the inventory?

Appreciate any fresh input. My mind is blank today.

Comments

• A bit of fresh air did good. I think I could solve this by creating an inventory item in the game manager and then set the use action for the hotspot to activate that inventory item without it being in the players inventory. Going to try it a bit later.
  • Technically, you probably want to have the item added to the inventory, but just not shown.  You could do this by sorting your inventory items into categories so that only specific items are ever listed in your standard InventoryBox.

You can then have your inventory item in this case in the player's inventory when the game begins, and then merely select/deselect it when necessary.
  • Thanks for your smooth solution to the problem, Chris!