Forum rules - please read before posting.

Game stuck in one of my scenes on OUYA

since upggrading to the latest AC - I get this error when i play the game and load the rudeboys hangout scene after the conversation with demonde. 

on OUYA it causes the game to hang.

I/Unity   ( 5758):
I/Unity   ( 5758): NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveInvButtonID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerInteraction.RestoreHotspotInteraction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerInteraction.ContextSensitiveClick_Process (Boolean doubleTap, AC.Hotspot newHotspot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerInteraction.ContextSensitiveClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerInteraction.UpdateInteraction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.StateHandler.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):
I/Unity   ( 5758): (Filename:  Line: -1)
I/Unity   ( 5758):
I/Unity   ( 5758): NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveUseButtonIconID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerCursor.DrawCursor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.StateHandler.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):
I/Unity   ( 5758):
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveUseButtonIconID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.PlayerCursor.DrawCursor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):   at AC.StateHandler.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I/Unity   ( 5758):
I/Unity   ( 5758):

I'l trying to investigate why that's happening now.

Comments

• Is this limited to just OUYA?  Without knowing your Settings Manager options referenced by the PlayerInteraction.GetActiveInvButtonID function I won't know where the problem lies.
  • I noticed that this happens in the editor too, not just when running on OUYA  (but in the editor the game isn't stuck) - i assume it the game is stuck on the out because of that same script that stopped running is the one that also handles the controller input'

if i run the scene by itself it doesn't show these error.

what input can i give you to help find out what's wrong?
    which setting manager options do you want to see?
    Can i put a breakopint or check for something?

Does these help?
    imageimageimage

• When it happens in the Editor, a Console error should appear.  Post the full error message if so.
  • here you are same errors.

I did notice that the position of the mouse when the scene changes matters somethow it took me 3-4 times to reprodeuce it.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveInvButtonID () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1405)
    AC.PlayerInteraction.RestoreHotspotInteraction () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1648)
    AC.PlayerInteraction.ContextSensitiveClick_Process (Boolean doubleTap, AC.Hotspot newHotspot) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:446)
    AC.PlayerInteraction.ContextSensitiveClick () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:398)
    AC.PlayerInteraction.UpdateInteraction () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:93)
    AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:283)

AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveUseButtonIconID () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1313)
    AC.PlayerCursor.DrawCursor () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerCursor.cs:295)
    AC.StateHandler.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:545)

AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveUseButtonIconID () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1313)
    AC.PlayerCursor.DrawCursor () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerCursor.cs:295)
    AC.StateHandler.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:545)

• Line 1405, for me, reads:

if (interactionIndex >= KickStarter.runtimeInventory.hoverItem.interactions.Count && KickStarter.runtimeInventory.matchingInvInteractions.Count > 0)

Try changing it to this:

if (KickStarter.runtimeInventory.hoverItem.interactions != null && KickStarter.runtimeInventory.matchingInvInteractions != null && interactionIndex >= KickStarter.runtimeInventory.hoverItem.interactions.Count && KickStarter.runtimeInventory.matchingInvInteractions.Count > 0)
  • looks like it's not happening, but it wasn't 100% reproducable before so i'm gonna try a few more times. 

thanks.
  • ok. i thought that would fix the probelm but it didn't. 
    Here's what's happening.

If i go through the game from the conversatoinWithDemonde scene to  the Rude Boys Hangout, the game is stuck. the controler doesn't work the mouse doesn't move and none of the inputs seem to work.
    The cursor is for some reason placed in the bottom left corner of the screen.

If i set the game to start from that scene, everything seems to work perfectly. 

There's nothing suspicious in the editor where it seems to be working fine nor in the logs. 

no idea how to debug this.
  • Some new input. I'm still noticing This error in my log when i'm in the DS dialog in the conversation scene

AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveUseButtonIconID () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1302)

• oh and another werid this. the verb caption is blinking between what is is suppose to be and one of the lines form the Dialog!!

(and an erorr in another line in the same script)

• I added a Debug.Log to the OuyaIntegration.cs file to be called on every update. it calls it in the conversation dialog but not after i change scenes.
    In the editor i see the script is attached to the persistent engine . ( you can see int he screenshot)
  • The console errors should be enough to clue me into what's going on there.

As for the OuyaIntegration script not being recognised after scene changes, that may or may not be related - but I shall look to recreate this issue myself.
  • Recreated and fixed for next release.