Forum rules - please read before posting.

Running AC game on android - doesn't work on latest versions

edited April 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

I have problem simmilar to described here: http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/532/demo-won-t-even-load-on-android#latest
I could not even start demo application on android devices below android5.0.
I'm using newest version of AC and Unity.

My game dosn't work on real phones (samsungs, kruger&matz) and even on simulators.

Does someone deploy AC game with success on android ? If so, on which Unity/AC version ? I'm thinking about downgrading since I'm stuck with debugging this issue. Currently I'm not even sure if it's AC bug, or something wrong with AC in newest Unity version.

AC: 1.51a
Unity: 5.3.4.f
Symptoms: AC game crashes after Unity3D splash screen. It crashes with sigsev 11 jus after creating framebuffer

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Please post the full crash log you are receiving, as well as a specific Android simulator device you have tried building to.

Are you trying to start the 2D or the 3D Demo?  Are you saying that it's worked on devices running Android 5.0 and above, or have you only tried running on devices below 5.0?

I, too, cannot be sure if this is down to AC or the troublesome Unity 5.3, though I have just now been able to build both demos on API 19 in simulator.  Are any other script assets running in your project?

Some debug things to try:
    1. Build with just a new AC scene in the Build settings (not an empty Unity scene, but one with the Scene Manager's Room objects organised)
    2. Set your default Quality level to the very lowest
    3. Remove any other asset(s) in your project folder, or try again in a fresh project
    4. Build the demo from a fresh install in an older version of Unity (e.g. 5.0.1).  You may have to re-download AC as you will get a version more appropriate for that version of Unity.  Only try this if the above steps don't show any progress.

These aren't solutions - just tests to help us get nearer to the problem.

• Wow:)

Thanks for quick answer. First I'll try to solve this by myself using You guidances.
    Then I will post stackraces and answers to Your questions.
  • You're welcome, please do - it will be important for anyone else who faces a similar problem to have answers as well.