Forum rules - please read before posting.

Weird Camera Problem

Since updating to 1.51 (I updated to 1.51c today to see if it would fix it) the camera fade sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. 

For example, if the character walks to the door after interacting, it should fade to black, load the next scene, and fade in.

The strange thing is, sometimes it WILL fade out/in, and others it won't. It's so odd because nothing changes at all when I keep testing it. It just seems to be random.

I have triggers set up to execute the fadings and have them set to 'Wait until finished' too.

It does this for all scenes. It never used to do this before.

I'm on Unity 5.3.4f, using AC 1.51c. I have camera FX added but even if I remove them, it makes no difference so I don't think it could be those that are affecting it.

It even does this in actual builds of the game too.

Comments

• How are your fade-ins being called?  With a Camera: Fade in your scene's OnStart, I assume.
  • That's correct, yes.
  • Looking into it again, it seems to fade in for the FIRST time only when changing scenes. In other words, the Camera:Fade In only works for the first time, even when it's the first thing called in OnStart's cutscene.

I am using the new music manager so music can play/crossfade through scenes. Could this be the reason why this problem is occuring because like I said it all worked fine before.
  • Unlikely.  When the fade doesn't work, does it just fade in instantly or are you left with a black screen?
  • The next scene just appears with no transition. Sometimes it will flicker. By this I mean if I have a fade in set to 1 second, the scene will ever-so-quickly flicker after 1 second, as if signalling the end of the fade in. I hope that makes sense?  
  • have you tried a reimport of your assets? fixes stuff occassionally 
  • By its nature this will be hard to reproduce, but I shall try.
  • Yes, I've re-imported the assets. I'm baffled. All worked fine until 1.51, possibly 1.50 (I'd imported 1.50 but never tested it).
  • edited April 2016
    Not having any luck reproducing this.  What are your various Scene loading settings in the Settings Manager?

One thing to try (if you're up for some debugging) is to open MainCamera.cs and find the FadeIn function (should be around line 953 in the latest version).  Then insert the following into it somewhere:

Debug.Log ("Fade in " + _timeToFade + "s");

That should then produce a log in the Console whenever a fade-in occurs - even if it's one frame (ie 0 seconds).  See if that yields anything useful, and show the full message (including line numbers) of a zero-fade in call.