Forum rules - please read before posting.

Curser is moving when player is moving

Is there something to do about this? 

Comments

• Video demonstrating the problem?

Don't really get what the issue is from the subject line ...
  • Its a little hard to show in a video actually. To describe it best; When my character is still its very easy to hit the things i want to click with my mouse because the curser is normal. But as soon as I start to move, the curser moves in the direction the player does. Does that make more sense? 
  • Not really ... :)

2D, 3D? Control scheme?
  • http://giphy.com/gifs/3oGRFc7bOWFpujVtWo

As you see here, the curser is moving a bit to the left following the direction of the camera. I found out that it happens when I have a dynamic camera. I just want the curser to stay in its place :)
  • Hmmm - I would say the cursor IS actually staying in its place! :)

Having the cursor locked to the environment instead of the camera would probably feel weird for most people. I'm not saying it can't be done, but to me it seems like a violation of established interface rules.

• Well I had that thought too, but I just looked at "Kentucky Route Zero" and they have the curser staying in place when the camera moves and it feels pretty fine. It would be nice to know if its doable with AC, but in worst case I know a programmer who can help me out...
  • Probably not doable out-of-the-box in AC (Chris may have some input on this), but I went and checked out Kentucky Route Zero and they seem to know what they're doing ... :)
  • Coolio. Its a great game btw :)
  • Huh yeah, i see alot of games have this cursor 'setup' rather than the old-school way...