Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug]? Direct Control Constrain player movement

Hello,

When I run this simple Interaction:

Player Constrain:

Up movement: Disabled
Down Movement: Disabled
Left movement: Disabled
Right Movement: Disabled

The player can simply still "move" forward.

When I only disabled the left and right and then with another action disabled up and down movement depends how you drag your mouse you can walk either fwd and left or fwd and right... If I 1st disabled Up and Down movement, and then with another action left and right player can only walk left/right but not fwd.

Assistance much appreciated,

Thank you.

V 1.50i

Comments

• Why do you mention dragging if your Movement method is set to Direct?  What movement/interfact settings have you set in the Settings Manager?

If you want to disable player movement completely, you can also use the Engine: Manage systems Action.

• I suppose it's not dragging,more like click and move upward / left etc.

So, I used the engine manage system movement disabled, however whatever the players speed was at the moment of disabling is the speed that'll continue to persist.

Therefore the player "continues" to walk while movement disabled and no control over it.

Is this a bug or done this way purposely ?

How would I "stop" the player and then disable it if this is not a bug.

Thanks
  • In the setings I have

Direct
    Touch screen
    Choose Hotspot then interaction

Movement settings
    Walk threshold 5 run 20
  • Technically, that isn't a bug - disabling movement will simply cease future update functions from being called.  Use the Character: Move along path Action and set the Method to Stop Moving.

• Alright,

So, is this a bug?

I have the player movealong path to stop...then disable player movement via engine manage systems - also tried vise versa.

Although the player does "stop" and can no longer be controlled, the players animator speed is "frozen" at whichever speed the character was when this action was run.

Therefore the player continually is in "running/walking" animation state ( mecanim ).

Or is this also done this way for some reasons ?

If so how do I set the speed back to 0? As it clearly is not moving, so idle can step in and let the player's tired feet rest for a bit.

Thanks
  • The player will take a few frames to slow down, so if you disable the movement system immediately afterwards they won't be able to slow down.  You should be able to get around this by inserting a brief wait in between the two.  However, I will also update the "Stop moving" feature with an option to make the character halt instantly.
  • Great,

Out of curiosity will this feature be available in the next update?

Thanks.
  • It's out now!
  • Wow, light-speed.

Even a video tutorial Thank you!