Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] When player prefab is selected and play

Hello,

When the player prefab is selected from its "Resources" folder, and then you click play in the Editor a few things happen:

1. The camera cannot find the player anylonger, because the player does not exist (looks like it does not spawn)
2. Console log errors:

- !CompareApproximately (aScalar, 0.0F)
UnityEngine.Quaternion:Lerp(Quaternion, Quaternion, Single)
AC.GameCameraThirdPerson:UpdateSelf() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/GameCameraThirdPerson.cs:199)
AC.GameCameraThirdPerson:_Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/GameCameraThirdPerson.cs:183)
AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:344)

- transform.rotation assign attempt for 'TopDownPlayerCamera' is not valid. Input rotation is { NaN, NaN, NaN, NaN }.
UnityEngine.Transform:set_rotation(Quaternion)
AC.GameCameraThirdPerson:UpdateSelf() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/GameCameraThirdPerson.cs:199)
AC.GameCameraThirdPerson:_Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/GameCameraThirdPerson.cs:183)
AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:344)

Why does this happen? Is it a Untiy bug or?

NOTE: "Player" Prefab has FSM objects (PlayMaker)

Thank you.

V 1.50i

Comments

• Looks unrelated to PlayMaker.  However, I can't recreate this on my end - therefore, please try the following change to the GameCameraThirdPerson.cs file:

Insert the following line into line 122 (just below "base.Awake ();":

targetRotation
     = transform.rotation;

Does that remove the error?
  • That certainly cleared up the 3 errors in the console,however the character still is not spawned.

As you've stated you cannot re create this on your end, therefore it must be from another asset.

I also have hierarchy2 which might be the reason. - I will test this in the future.

Anyhow, since this is not caused by AC I will just simply have to de-select the prefab prior to playing.

Thanks appreciate the support.
  • I just wanted to let you know that with the new update this error does not persist.

Instead I get the message of the possibly unity hidden bug :)
  • Sorry - is the bug still there or not?  If you're getting a message, where is it and what does it say?
  • With the previous version the error on original thread persisted, with the new update the player does in fact appear in the scene and I get no errors, only a warning console message as stated above.

• But what is the console message, exactly?
  • Yes sorry, was not at the workstation when I responded.

Player clone found in scene – this may have been hidden by a Unity bug, and has been destroyed.

—————————–
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:26)
    AC.KickStarter:OnAwake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:871)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:30)

• OK, thanks.