Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot find tint map

Hi,

my player has a tint map on script on his child, and all childs ( for each part of him) yet I get a message in the console that my player cannot find tint map?

See screenshots:

Any idea why?

Thanks

Comments

• The up and down animations don't seem to be affected but the left and right do
  • Do your up/down animations use different sprites to your left/right animations?  That could be related - try making sure all child objects are enabled in the prefab.
  • I disable/enable the related child objects depending on the animation used - ie if player moves left then up and down children folders are disabled.

But that seems to be the only way i'm able to animate using unity as the animator and not sprite sheet.

Should I only have the tint map on the parent or first child of the character/player with affect children ticked rather than putting tint map script on every child?
  • You want to either have just have one, with "Affect children" ticked, on the root, or have one on each sprite with "Affect children" unticked.  As you're enabling/disabling child objects on the fly, it's probably wiser to go with the latter option.
  • Hi,

So i tried putting a tint map only on the objects that contain a sprite within my NPC's and players (latter option) and this strangely affects the down animations really heavily, and the others correctly or not at all. So, i will now try the former option and see what happens
  • The former now only affects the down animation whilst the rest are not affected.

Quick q on this, if affect children is ticked, will this affect children's children too?
  • Yes, it will affect indirect children as well.

If the latter option caused some animations to have double the effect's intensity, double-check there's no stray FollowTintMap with "Affect children?" ticked.
  • I think the best thing to ensure all characters sprites (ie arms, head R, D parents and children) are affected by darkness, is to remove tint maps and just have layers of darkness in front of chafacters (like a foreground) to make it seem like they are in shadows as not all sprite renderers are affected by tint maps still