Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object: Remove

In the tutorials, newly picked-up inventory objects are always made invisible with a change visibility action. Is there some reason we shouldn't use the Object: add or remove action instead?

The only reason I ask this is because some of my objects have colliders, and when they're picked up and added to the inventory with a change visibility action, the object is of course nowhere to be seen (apart from inventory), but the collider remains, as the object is really still there.

Comments

• I dont think there is anything bad if your were to do that.

I think its dependant on what you want to do later in game etc.

• Removing an object causes added complexity because the player (after the object is removed) can load an earlier save, so that the object needs to be re-instantiated.

For this to work, the object needs to be given the RememberTransform component, have Save scene presence? checked, and it's prefab placed in a Resources folder.  It's often easier to either make it invisible or teleport it to a place that the player cannot see/interact with.
  • Understood, thanks for the advice.