Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug: ActionList Editor is almost blank, won't close (helllp!)

On some of my larger scripts, the Editor has started showing up almost blank and unusable. I can't close the AL editor unless I can load a smaller script, which shows up normally.  I think this may be the a result of duplicating a script; I got it before under similar circumstances, and could only get rid of it by reverting.  I'd rather not revert this time - got some ways along before the bug happened.

http://s15.postimg.org/6tqo7fv9n/actionlist.png

Comments

• I think I've kind of figured this out:  If you duplicate a script, it seems to become an instance, not a copy, of the original script.  If you change an entry in one script, it changes it in the other.  This is, in a word, crazymaking, until you eventually realize what's going on. 

But then, if you delete a portion of one script, one or the other scripts will freak out due to some precedent disappearing or something, and exhibit the behavior above.  

The workaround is to just copy/paste the code from *within* the ActionLists, but until you know this, it's a baffler.  
  • Which script did you copy?  Do you mean you duplicated the ActionList asset / gameobject, or literally a script file?

There was an issue with duplicating ActionLists a good while ago, but I thought it long-since fixed.  Which version of AC are you working with?
  • Turns out we're at 1.46.  I'm told that elements of our project is incompatible with later updates, so we'll work around the issue.