Forum rules - please read before posting.

open/ close cabinet a simple question

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi people;

I am sorry if its very stupid question; but really I couldnt achieve the solution.

There is a cabinet; I create seperate object for its cover. Lets say its name "cover"

I created a hotspot, named it "cover_hotspot", make "use", "cover_hotspot_use", gave object transform, rotate, y, 90 degree.

Now; I can open it, works perfect.

But how to close it again:))

there is only one solution I found, but it looks like wrong and looks like long way to me... I create 2 hotspot, one hotspot is for open cover, other is closed cover, in one hotspot I can open, then after open hotspot become off(deactivate), then close hotspot become on, start to activate so I can use this to close again. is it true way? Or there is another way. 

Simply, my question is, how we transform object more than one kind?

Comments

• You can use variables.

When you click on the cabinet, make a Cutscene_Cabinet where begins to check the variable "OpenCabinet". 
    If it's false (if it's closed), Continue and assign True to that variable and make the opening animation and put a STOP after that action.
    If it's true (if it's opened), Skip immediately after the opening animation and assign False to the variable and make the closing animation.

With those easy instruction you can open and close the drawer until it breaks ;p

And remember to assign the Remember transform to your cabinet if you wanna it saves its state after a save/load.

Hope it helps.
    Bye
  • Thank you, but if its not so hard for you, can you write it more clear and one by one. For example how to create cutscene_cabinet, where? on hotpsot of cabinet? Should I create varaible?
  • I don't have Unity with AC here right now... but a Cutscene can be created from the main windows of AC. In the Cutscene you can create every single action described above. Then, you can assign the Use interaction of the hotspot of the cabinet to call that Cutscene when clicked.
    You should create a variable, yes, from the menu Variables of AC.

Bye
  • thanks, this tutorial helps enough.