Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player dark when scene changes

I've searched through the forum but haven't found anyone asking about a similar problem.  I have a 2.5 D game with three scenes.  Each scene has multiple cameras that move between rooms in the same location.  Everything works correctly if I play each scene separately.  The player and scene are well lit.  When I link the scenes, the player in only the first scene is lit correctly.  It doesn't matter which scene is played first.  The player is very dark in the other two scenes.  There isn't any special lighting, just the directional light that was present when each scene was created.  I've checked the inspector while the game was running and the lighting doesn't seem to be different.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• This could be a Unity issue.  I've found that relying on Automatic lightmapping causes incorrect lighting when transitioning between scenes in the Editor.  If yours is the same issue, you can get around it by unchecking "Automatic" at the bottom of the Lighting tab and baking the lightmap manually.  You should also find that it doesn't affect builds - only in the Editor.
  • Does this occur in build?

I got the same kind of thing in editor, all be it im using sprites not 3d elements.

I believe for me this start occuring when there is a highlight script attached. Im thinking its an Unity editor thing and a build will be ok, is for me anyway.
  • It seemed to help in some scenes when I made the walking plane (with the grid) invisible. I was relieved to find that the problem only occurred in the editor. The lighting was fine in the build version.

Thanks for your help!