Forum rules - please read before posting.

Imput stuff

Well im using direct control with a joystick i want to make some stuff that i didnt found.
1)Main menu use by joystick actually only i found to use it by mouse
2)Conversation use 1,2,3,4 button now only found to select and use any button.

Comments

• 1) AC-based Menus will be controllable with a keyboard or controller if they pause the game when enabled.  Alternatively, you can use Unity UI for your Menus, and make use of Unity's EventSystem GameObject to manage how Menus are navigated.

2) Please reword this, as I don't understand what you mean.  If you're saying you want to press numeric buttons to trigger dialogue options, you can do so if you've checked Dialogue options can be selected with number keys? in the Settings Manager.
  • About the conversation...

The idea is like the walking dead conversation menu (that already do) but i want to select directly the option pressing button 1 or button 2 or button3 or button 4 like in the qte InteractionA o InteractionB but with the conversation menu.
  • I'll consider making an official change, but you can hack this by opening up PlayerInput.cs and finding the DetectConversationNumerics () function.  Currently, it's set to detect numeric keypresses, but you could easily change it to instead detect input buttons.
  • Thanks Chris!
  • Would be cool to have a "QTE"-ish mode for Dialogue options like A = 1, B = 2, X = 3, Y = 4 if the player is playing with the controls, and switch to the traditional mode when using the mouse / keyboard.
  • The ability to map input buttons to dialogue options was added in v1.51.
  • You're amazing Chirs!