Forum rules - please read before posting.

camera panning

I want to start the game with a camera panning the scene. I have tried it with animations (too complex), tried with transforms (too many actions each) and cannot move the camera with  'Move Along Path "

Is there a tutorial on how to do this in a simple way? this is a very basic way to start a new game and there must be a simple way to do it. Please help.

Comments

• Just create two cameras at the start and end positions.  Then use Camera: Switch with no transition to the first camera, then another Camera: Switch to the second over a timed period.
  • I already had it like that but I have 9 dungeon rooms and to visit each room with a camera it has to move in a path. The way I have done and you recommend the view goes thru walls which is NOT really a true panning for each room on a path. Your Move Along Path is the solution if it would accept an Object instead of just a Character.

Would it be too difficult to change that? 

• It would screw up every such Action that already exists in all games, so that's not possible.

Your talk of panning suggested that you were only looking for a simple left/right movement, nothing more, hence my suggestion.  If you want something more complex, animation is definitely the way to go.
  • SOLVED

Much simpler. I have used the game's 1stPersonCharacter (TinPot with its camera) as the 'character to Move Along Path and it looks perfect. The game player does not see the robot only its camera moving. To make the waypoints easier to place I have raised the 'y' value first well above all rooms in the dungeon so I could easily find when to turn on each of my 9 rooms and then when satisfied about it I lowered all 'y' readings down to 1.