Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Disappearing from Different Categories on Same Menu

I'm trying to build a prototype inventory UI here and ran into a strange problem.

Pictured below, there's an options button and two different inventory boxes merged into one menu (I'll swap graphics out later). So far, it works properly.... except that if I click in any of the blank spaces in one inventory box, all the items from the other category permanently disappear and vice versa. 

If I switch both inventory boxes to use the same categories, the problem doesn't happen. So I was wondering if AC has an issue with multiple categories in the same menu.

Comments

• Possibly.  How is this Menu enabled?  Is it set to appear On Interaction, or by some other means?
  • It's set to appear "On Interaction" for when I press a button in the lower-left hand corner. The activating button is on a menu set to "During Gameplay" but changing/deleting it doesn't seem to affect the top menu.
  • "On Interaction" means it'll appear when a Hotspot is selected - is that what you want?  If you want it to respond to a UI button-press, it should instead be "Manual", and be turned on by a Menu: Change state Action that's triggered when the button is pressed.

Some screenshots of the Inventory menu's properties (+element properties) would be helpful.
  • Good to know. I'll do some manual scripting tonight. In the meantime, here are the settings I'm currently using for the inventory.

The inventory I'm currently trying to build (as opposed to the right-clicking problem I brought up in a past thread) is basically something like this, where the power wheel will be built in Unity UI. You'd open it by clicking the green button in the corner. I wanted it to work like an "OnInteraction" where the game doesn't pause when it opens, and you can turn it off by dragging the mouse away.Any thoughts on what I could look at to make this work?
  • After digging around, I found this thread which helped me get the UI up and running. 

So now only the disappearing inventory issue remains. :)
  • Expect it fixed in v1.51.