Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitle position

Hello fellow adventure designers,

I have some trouble with positioning the subtitles shown when a character speaks. The position settings in my subtitles menu is set to "Above Speaking Character". I think in that case the characters collider (visible in the screenshot) is used to place the subtitle menu above. Because the subtitles are always displayed in the characters face though, I created an empty child above the head (red cross in the screenshot) and use the "Speech menu placement child" in the character's inspector with it, but the position of the subtitle does not change. Is there something else to take care of to use any of these functions?

Comments

• Off the top of my head. Check how large the subtitle box is and whether a constraint to screen is turned on. If it is, then the bounding box of the text will never leave the screen and will get pushed down. Another possibility is to play around with text alignment itself and see what happens.