Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to stop sounds as scene changes?

Is there a way to stop all sounds instantly, and ensure scene changes quicker/

Comments

• Sounds should already be stopped whenever a Cutscene ends, and they won't affect how quickly a scene changes.

If you want scene changing to be faster, consider preloading them.  Enable it in the Settings Manager, and then use "Engine: Change scene" to preload the scene you want to later switch to.
  • This is what the error i now get when i put loads scenes asynchronously on, and off!! which is the only option i see that alludes to 'preloading them'?

screenshot:

ps, mi do use "Engine: Change scene" at the end when i wish to switch scenes, and the music hangs there for a bit before changing
  • And have you added the scene named "Comtrol" to the build settings?  Perhaps it's a typo and should be "Control".  The error messages are there to guide you.

You can stop any sound by using the Sound: Play Action and setting the Sound action to Stop.
  • Ok I got it working, sounds do stil linger a bit though
  • Thanks for that, got it
  • Where do I enable it in the settings manager?

"Enable it in the Settings Manager, and then use "Engine: Change scene" to preload the scene you want to later switch to."
  • Underneath the Scene loading header, towards the bottom.  Also be sure to read the Manual - Section 9.6.