Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turning off inventory in a scene?

Hi is it possible to turn off inventory on start just for a scene?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    in the onstart use an action

menu -> change state -> turn off

something like that :)
  • that doesn't work. the inventory bar is still present when my cursor touches the space for it
  • edited February 2016
    Depending on appear type you might want to use lock menu instead of turn off. Turn off only works when the appear type is manual if I remember correctly. If that doesn't work double check whether:

1) You execute the action on start of the desired scene?
    2) You are turning off/locking the correct menu?
  • neither work.

My Inventory is called Inventory, and all I want is for it to not be visible or hover over able on one particular scene

The action list is the only thing i my onstart but it still appears
  • It should work, hmm maybe you can provide screenshots?
  • Should work indeed. Used it a lot. What is it exactly you are trying to achieve? Locking the inventory for a few seconds at Start?
  • Make sure spelt correctly, i've had that in the past  :\">
  • Locking the Menu is indeed what you want to do.  Simply turning it off will only have an effect if it's Appear type is Manual.

Make sure the name is correctly spelt, and that you only have one Menu by this name listed in your Menu Manager.
  • Still doesn't work. inventory still appears when cursor over.

Appear type is cursor over..

Screenshots attached.

• As the Action suggests, you have to enter the name of the Menu you wish to lock.  Enter "Inventory", which is what you've named the Menu you want to lock - not the name of your Inventory manager.