Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue not showing when entering trigger2D

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
I'm running in 2D mode, and iIve setup a Trigger 2D to play speech, but nothing happens with my player runs into it?

Trigger2D setup:

Player has a circle collider 2d setup and Is Trigger is checked.

Thanks!

Comments

• I am having the same trouble with Trigger2D not working (for any action). I am new to Adventure Creator so it may just be one setting I have overlooked, but I've been stuck on this problem for ages :( And I cant find any documentation/tutorials for specifically 2D triggers.
  • Unfortunately this isn't quite enough detail for me to give proper help, but I would suggest going to the 2D demo when faced with 2D-related problems and trying them there:

1) Load the 2D Demo managers and open the 2D "Park" scene.  Experiment with laying down 2D Triggers, and have Brain walk over them.  It should work just find, and will help you know what the "correct" response should be.

2) Assuming that works, set Brain2D (the 2D demo player prefab) as your Player, and see if your own scene's triggers then work.  If it does, the source of the problem is your player prefab.  If not, it's likely your scene.
  • Hi Chris,

The trigger works correctly, if I create a bool variable and set it initially to false, then the trigger to change it to true, it works correctly. Maybe I'm just not understanding how speech works from the tutorial. On the trigger I set the action type to dialogue, then play speech, select the player as the speaker, and add the text. Is the text supposed to appear above the sprites head? Maybe it's working and I just don't have it set so I can see it somewhere?

Thanks!
  • Do your subtitles appear normally if not placed in a trigger? If not, could you post a screenshot how your menu for subtitles looks like?
  • Also, make sure that the "Force subtitles if no audio" is checked in the Speech manager.
  • Hi Guran, thanks for helping. If I create a label under my subtitles menu, it appears over my player correctly when I'm in the trigger. But only the label text, and not the text I specify int he trigger. I've selected the "Force subtitles if no audio" but still nothing.

This is my Subtitles menu:

If I create a label under there it appears in the trigger without actually calling a specific label.

Thanks
  • edited July 2014
    ok, I think I got it. I added a label to my menu, changed it to a dialogue line type, and manually adjusted the size. Looks like it's working correctly for me now. Thank you!