Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory max out

I seem to have two issues with my inventory:

1. Objects only appear in relation to their numbering in the inventory list as I create them, and therefore leave gaps - ie, rock is my fourth added inventory item in my list, and thus will appear in game 4th along leaving gaps before it.

How do i therefore just, have the first item my player picks up be the first item far left of my in game inventory, and then second item be positioned in second item. Same goes for if i use an item (say current 5th in my in game inventory) rather than leaving a blank position in the 5th position, i wish for my inventory items to shift along.

2. I can only seem to hold a certain amount of items in my inventory, as there is a maximum set limit tat I cannot increase, and thefefore some objects are picked up and not included into my inventory.

any pointers/solutions i am missing?

thanks

Comments

• edited February 2016
    1) Try items can be reordered in the settings tab -> inventory section
    (This is not happening for me, even with this turned off mine)

2) How many items have you got before it hits your limit?
  • 1. already ticked, does nothing
    2. 44

• ps 1. they can be reordered, but i want this done automatically to fill a blank space to its left
  • 1. Uncheck Items can be re-ordered in Menu?.  If this option is off, then spaces between item slots should automatically be removed.  Is this not happening?  Try switching to the default Demo_MenuManager asset file and see if it occurs there as well.

2. There should be no limit to what you can carry.  It's unclear if this is happening because the items are not being added, or being displayed.  Again, switch to the default Demo_MenuManager asset file and see if it occurs there as well.
  • 1. You mean 'Items can be re-ordered in Menu? should be off? in settings inventory tab?