Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu bug ?

edited February 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

Got a strange one, all of a sudden my pause menu don't work as it should.

Can pause, but clicking options, save, load acts like resume (un-pause and hides pause menu).

Cant remember changing anything, and sure was working up until now.

I cant see why its un-pausing, it should be crossfading.

Managers:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u3zm78x26kbyi4/mamagers.zip?dl=0

Klarax

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Works for me, so it could be down to an ActionList you're running somewhere that isn't included in your Manager zip - e.g. an ActionList run when Pause or Options is turned on/off.
  • well i do have one in the pause, that hides a border  (which is an area to show inventroy is there)

will look into further. maybe its a unity thing, it can do some crazy stuff when it wants
  • See if the default Demo_MenuManager works for you - if it does, then it must be a setting unique to yours.
  • Demo works.

Mine don't. but defiantly should. Driving me insane !

What's happing is:

pause game -> press resume -> works ok
    pause game -> press options / save load -> game resumes (also hides top border)

Took out any other actionlists that run on show and hide of menu,  (which was to hide top border on pause)

See video below:

[video is HD, may take time to see HD depending on when you get this message]

• quick little update:

if the 'pause game when is unchecked' on the pause menu - everything works as should (even with using the border menu aciton - well except that it dont pause when first press pause)

• After some playing around, i managed to, not solve it, but do it another way. so it now works as should
  • Good to hear.  But if you can find out what was causing it, and that it's a bug, then I would like to know about it so it can be fixed.