Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save data Handling questions

I wanted to ask how the save slots are handled? Can savelist have holes? For example there is a savefile in slot 1 and in slot 3, but the slot 2 is empty. What happens if I try to overwrite a save slot that is empty or load from an empty one? if I delete a save do the rest of the save files that come afterwards shift back?

Comments

• Save management is generally handled automatically for you if you want it to.  The SavesList menu element has a default Save / Load when click on? option, which will automate it all for you:
    • Slots are only filled sequentially, so slot 3 can't be saved until slot 2 is filled
    • Clicking the "New save" button will save a new file in the next available slot

However, you can uncheck this box and leave it to the various Save Actions to fine-tune exactly what you want to do: you can delete specific slots, save/overwrite in specific slots, and so on.  The system should be pretty stable, so e.g. loading an empty slot simply won't do anything.

You can also set a SavesList menu element to only display a specific slot number - this way, you can arrange e.g. 5 in a column, each showing slot 1,2,3,4,5.  If 1,2,4,5 are filled, then slot 3 will be shown as empty.

Custom save handling like this is a pretty advanced topic, but a relatively simple introduction to it can be found in this tutorial.