Forum rules - please read before posting.

Black screen during Run Time with "Default Camera"

Hello everyone,

I have been stuck at the beginning for a few days and hoping to get some assistance here. When I start a New Game  and do all of the proper setup, the program will run fine without the Player Start in place.  As soon as I create a "Default Camera" for Player Start and try to play, I get a black screen.

That stops me from going any further for setting up the First person or Third Person Characters.

I have a fresh install of AC and no 3rd party assets at the time.   Thanks for your help in advance!  We REALLY like AC for our program teaching youth on creating games!  I am sure this is just a setting issue hopefully! 

Comments

• Update,  I just tested with trying to start on a "Cut Scene"  (On Start) and still get the black screen.  It is as if the program pauses when anything besides the main camera is activated. So it is not just the Default Camera that shows the black screen.  Does anyone have any idea what setting that might be to correct that? 
  • So creating a new scene, and clicking With folders (at the top of the Scene Manager) and Create (beside "Default Camera") is enough to cause this to occur?  What version of Unity and platform?
  • Hello Chris,

Turning off the Black Texture on the main Camera fixed that problem.  I still need to test the new "Cut scene" Issue.  I think your solution will fix that too.   I am using the latest versions of both applications ( Unity and AC) and on the latest version of Windows 10. 

Thanks for your always prompt responses Chris!   You Da Man! 
  • Yep That fixed the new " Cut Scene" Issue as well. When I first set a OnStart Cut Scene I have to go remove the Black Texture from the main Camera.  I have not tried going to a new scene in run time to see if the Black Texture will come back on each new scene on the Main Camera. 
  • My suggestion was only a temporary solution - I shall still have to find the root cause of this issue.