Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot: Walk-to Marker Question

When talking to an NPC the player walks to the marker I designated. When the player reaches the marker it just hangs. I can still move but doesn't fire off the conversations. Any ideas, thanks guys!

Comments

• Did you check Cutscene while moving? in the Hotspot's Inspector?  If you did, then you won't be able to move until the Marker has been reached - in which case the Interaction will have fired.

What does your Interaction consist of?  Try placing an Engine: End game Action at the front of it to be absolutely sure it's not running.
  • could be related to an animation still playing (wait until finished) ?
  • You can see what ActionLists are running by checking List active ActionLists in Game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager.
  • I'm not totally sure where the "Cutscene while moving" checkbox is. Currently these are the settings on my hotspot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i561is6cp4ty6pa/hotspot_inspector.PNG?dl=0

I did also check to see what ActionLists were running and, it doesn't seem to be getting fired off. It just lists it as "Normal".
  • Is it the walk functionality?

because thats not got an actionlist inserted into it

• There's no Interaction ActionList assigned for your Talk interaction - only for your Look At interaction, which doesn't tell the Player to walk to the marker.
  • OH! Well.... would ya look at that. It must have got disconnected somehow or me just forgetting. Now I feel silly. It's working perfect now! Thanks a ton ChrisIceBox!! ^^
  • No problem - actually if you're using Unity 5.3 it may have been a save issue that's since been fixed in v1.50i, you should update if so.
  • Sounds good. I will defintely update! Thanks again.