Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't save game

I've been searching (in vain) online for a solution to this issue for a couple of days so apologies if there's an obvious answer to this.

My game is working well in all respects so far, except that I can't seem to save game. In other words when I run the game in my editor or as a PC build, and attempt to save game, I get the following console error:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "\Prologue_1.save" is denied.
System.IO.FileInfo.Delete () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileInfo.cs:226)

I also recently began getting the following console messages (which do not seem to have any visible adverse effects):

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: path

ArgumentException: An empty file name is not valid.
System.IO.FileSystemInfo.CheckPath (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileSystemInfo.cs:255)

The only clue I have is the fact that I had previously moved the project from to 2 different locations, but I don't know how that factors in, if at all.

Any leads to helping me fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• It looks like a permissions issue.  The errors don't reference AC directly.  Was it working properly before you moved it?

You may get lucky by exporting your project's entire Assets folder as a .unitypackage file, creating a new project and re-importing it.  You'd have to rebuild your Build, Input, Layers mind.
  • @ChrisIceBox OK, it seems that did take care of the saving issue, thanks!

I'm still getting the error "ArgumentNullException" but as I was tracing back my steps, I remembered that this error only came about after attempting to run Unity "as administrator" (I read on a post somewhere that this was a good idea--it isn't).

Since then I've tested my project on a secondary computer and this error is not present. I just hope its not a long-term concern.