Forum rules - please read before posting.

Walk and then turn in the marker direction.

edited January 2016 in Technical Q&A
I would like the Player to walk to a marker and then turn to face the marker direction. I'm using Character>Move to point action, however it doesn't have an option of the character turning in the marker direction.

This is similar to the Face after moving flag in the hotspot interaction, but there's no hotspot involved in what I'm trying to do.

If there's no action that could do this "out-of-the-box", how would I go about writing a custom action for that? Thanks.

Comments

• This would be a good use of parameters, which let you tweak the values of multiple Actions each time they get run.  A primer on parameters can be found here.

Basically you'd create a new ActionList asset that has both a Character: Face object and Character: Move to point Action.  Define a new GameObject paramter called e.g "Target", and then assign this as both the Object to face and the Marker to reach in the Actions.

Then, whenever you want to turn+move, call this ActionList using the ActionList: Run Action.  You can then assign the Marker each time, and have the character turn then move to the Marker.
  • That worked great. Thanks for the advice!