Forum rules - please read before posting.

Puzzle sequence

Hi, what would be the easiest way to construct a 4 pully sequence, where the player has to pull the pullys in a correct formation of 8 choices/

thanks

Comments

• Use local variables (perhaps one boolean for each of the 8 choices), and set/check them whenever you pull each one to react accordingly.
  • ok great thanks, also, how do i randomise a conversation sequence?
  • You can use the Variable: Check random number Action to trigger different subsequent Actions each time it's run.
  • If I have a hotspot for each pulley, and within this i set/check variables, if there not an easier/simpler way to record.check all the number of options?

and is there a way to check a number of wrong times and the player to the say 'i think i should start again? so they get 8 tries and then we recognise they need to start again?
  • and i need to re pull the same pulley across different actions - ie, 1, 4, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3, 3
  • I can only advise in general terms.  You could instead try having an integer that you use for the number of pulls made so far - so if e.g. you pull "4" then it'll only work if that integer is 1 or 5.

If you find yourself creating multiple ActionLists that differ only slightly, you should look into parameters, which are a useful way of recycling frequently-used Actions.