Forum rules - please read before posting.

Default system cursor as the Wait cursor.

edited January 2016 in Technical Q&A
I have Replace mouse cursor? in the Cursor Manager unchecked so that the cursor looks like the default system cursor. I would also prefer to keep the same cursor during the conversations. Is there a way to make the Wait cursor look the same as the default system cursor?

Comments

• Not easily.  You could try disabling the Cursor system completely at the start of the Conversation (using Engine: Manage systems Action), which should prevent the cursor from being replaced.  However, you'd have to run this Action during gameplay, not as part of a gameplay-blocking cutscene.

You can do this by creating a separate Cutscene that's set to Run In Background, using this Action inside it, and then triggering the Conversation afterwards.
  • Thanks Chris. This sounds like an interesting workaround. Just wondering if there was an easier solution? I don't mind tweaking the code.
  • In that case: the system cursor is shown/hidden via the SetCursorVisibility function in the UnityVersionHandler script.  It's in this script because the exact code to do this changes for different Unity versions.

This is called in PlayerCursor on line 71 if your Cursor Rendering is set to Software, and 137 if set to Hardware.  You should be able to tweak the call to suit your needs there.
  • Thanks! I modified SetCursorVisibility() and it works exactly as you suggested.