Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation issue

Hi,

i`ll made conversation like in tutorial video. But conversation menu doesnt appear.
In menu manager it look like this

How to set this?

Comments

• I desided to create custom conversation menu like in tutorial "Creating diary system".
    Appeared a new problem: all hotspots in a background is active. When clickin on a menu button, character starts moving. 
  • Do you have Ignore cursor clicks? in the Menu's list of properties unchecked?  You'll probably need to post some screenshots of what you have.
  • on hotspot

in menu manager

• Dialogue menus are turned on a different way to regular Menus - you instead set the "Appear type" to "During Conversation", and it'll then appear automatically whenever you initiate a Conversation using "Dialogue: Start conversation".

You can modify / copy from the default Menu Manager's Conversation Menu - it's easier than starting from scratch.
  • ok, i need same menu for character speech. 
    For that i used appear type "When Speech Plays". I want to add next button (in this menu) to switch to the next speech and dont wait, but game is freezing during this speech.
    I turn on "Play in background" and return to problem: all hotspots in a background is active.
  • edited January 2016
    Currently, Menus don't respond to clicks while you're in a cutscene.  If you want to disable Hotspots during gameplay, then you can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable the "Interactions" system.
  • thanx, and one more question. 
    When speech consist of one or two words it's disappears very quickly.
    how to increase viewing speech time ?

(if i use "wait time offset" or Pause game then it disappear very quickly too, after that made pause)
  • You can control the text display speed at top of the Speech Manager.

If you're using scrolling text, and want to pause mid-speech, you can insert e.g. [wait:2] to wait for 2 seconds into the speech text box directly.