Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cycle with Scroll Wheel

edited January 2016 in Technical Q&A
Using vicinity hotspot detection with hotspot cycle. It would be really nice if the player could cycle through hotspots using the scroll wheel rather than some keys on the keyboard. I have it now where they can cycle by clicking the scroll wheel (mouse 2) but would be really cool if they could cycle through by actually scrolling it. However, I can't seem to get that to work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Have a look at the list of "Available inputs" in the Settings Manager.  It'll show all input buttons/axes that are available given your various settings.  See if there are any along the lines of "CycleInteractions" or "CycleCursors".  If they show, you can map those to the scroll wheel in your Unity Input manager.
  • edited January 2016
    Hello. I checked that available inputs section and CycleHotspotsLeft and CycleHotspotsRight are actually not there, but they still work anyway. Right now I have CycleHotspotsLeft set to "[" and CycleHotspotsRight set to "]" with an alternate of "mouse 2" This works fine, but is not as easy to use as if the scroll wheel could be used.

I see there is a "CycleHotspots" axis, but when I set it up exactly like Unity's default "Mouse ScrollWheel" axis, it still doesn't do anything.
  • Ok. I got it. The sensitivity was too low, so had to scroll the wheel really fast for it to change. Set the sensitivity higher and it's working now. Thanks for the help sorry.