Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Layer name problem

This might be an easy fix but currently i have no idea.

I have a window view, with lens flares shining into a room. I need a hotspot that covers the whole window for interaction and voice-over. So the lens flare will be blocked by the hotspot. I could change the lens flare ignore layers and add "Default" but then it will shine through everything. I've made a new Layer "Hotspot", Change the hotspot layer of the window to this new layer (hotspot) and in the AC Settings i set the Layer names from Default -> Hotspot. This works, now the lens flare ignores the layer hotspot, which the hotspot has as the layer Name but now my ray goes through walls. My walls have a collieder and this worked before, but when i changed it, like i described before, my walls didn't block the ray anymore and i can reach hotspots in other rooms.

It seems the ray is blocked by the layer name which now is "hotspot" but of course all other obj are still "Default". Is there a solution for this?

Thx! 

Comments

• To block the mouse cursor from reaching Hotspots, you need to have a collider that's on the same layer as whatever you've set as the "Hotspot layer" in your Settings Manager - in this case, "Hotspot".

If the lens flare is only blocked by Colliders on the Default layer, you may have to modify it, or duplicate the Colliders so that you have a separate set of Colliders specifically for hotspot-blocking.