Forum rules - please read before posting.

Third Party Cam as AC Cam in Actions

Hi,
is there a way to use a thrid party camera in the actions. I tryed a solution from the documents:

"Although Adventure Creator is equipped with a wide variety of camera
types, it may be that you require or prefer to use a custom camera type in your
scene – for example, a camera-based asset from Unity's Asset Store. Adventure
Creator makes it simple to incorporate such cameras. Bear in mind that the only
active Camera within your scene should generally be the MainCamera prefab – even
when custom cameras are involved. To that end, be sure to disable your custom
camera's Camera component – Adventure Creator will still read its values, but
there won't be a conflict in rendering. Next, simply attach the “_Camera” script
component to your custom camera's GameObject. Your camera can then be referenced
by Adventure Creator's various camera-based Actions, and the ability to set it
as the “Default camera” within the Scene Manager."

I can use it than in actions but if i attach the script it doesnt find a main camera in the scene. I
think the script works only with a "normal camera" and conflicts with other Camera Scrips.

It would be nice if you can implement a quick solution for this problem,
because this is the only problem i have found. The third party cam only needs a script where it is possible to be dropped into a action field. 

Everything else is working nice!

greetz

Comments

• AC still requires that it's own "MainCamera" is the active camera.  All other cameras (third-party or otherwise) are merely used as a reference - AC's MainCamera will copy the values of whichever camera you tell it to.

Therefore, make sure your own camera doesn't enable itself nor tag itself as MainCamera.  Beyond that, you would need to descripe exactly what you've done / what effects it's having, as without knowing any more detail I can only give general advice.