Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech heirarchy issue

So I have NPC's who speak i the background from scene start, and when my player speaks, their dialogue overrides and cuts out my players.

How do I ensure that my players dialogue overrides the in background NPC?

Comments

• You have a couple of options:
    1. Stop the background ActionList whenever the player speaks, and re-start it again afterwards
    2. Duplicate your Subtitles menu and change the For speech of type setting to Blocking Only and Background Only respectively.  You can then use the Menu: Change state Action to lock the background Subtitles menu when you don't want it displayed.

Alternatively, you could also try checking Duplicate for multiple lines? in your Subtitles menu.  This will allow multiple lines to be displayed on-screen at once.

• Hi this doesn't seem to work for me, I just need the players conversation to override any other text from box when they are talking in the background. With the options you supplied, blocking will override the npc background dialogue but only until the npc next background dialgie
  • And is all the NPCs dialogue placed in an ActionList that's set to Run In Background?