Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitle Menu Speech Bubble Sizing

edited December 2015 in Engine development
Hello AC community,

I'm struggling with using AC for speech bubbles via the subtitles menu. There are some great options, but I seem to be running into a problem with the actual size of the menu being generated. It seems that certain lengths of text cause the menu size to not be quite large enough, cutting off some of the text in the dialogue line. 

See example : 

(EDIT: http://imgur.com/9tWlP2f here is the link to the image, I couldn't get an image to work, not sure if it is just a forum/posting rule)

"herd in..." -- the rest of that dialogue is cut off. This seems to be related to specific lengths, rather than just the dialogue being too long (there are lines that are much longer which size the correct menu). 

I tried digging into the scripts to find how these menus are being created / sized. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and/or what I can do to fix it? 

My current hypothesis is some sort of integer division is causing the box to cut off, but I haven't been able to find anything to support that... so I guess it's just more of a hunch. 

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Comments

• Welcome to the community Andy.

I take it you're using AC for your Menu drawing?  I'd actually recommend you go with Unity UI as your Menu's Source if you need your menu's size to scale dynamically, as it's much more robust.  You can read a tutorial about that here.