Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animated object in menu

edited December 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

Here my idea. Character pickup item, then item appears on top of the screen and move to count icon by animation.

i created a menu and add an object with animation. 
How to animate this object when character picked up item?

Comments

• edited December 2015
    No need to animate anything or use menu for that.
    I have tons of these collectables in my game.

Add Player component to your collectable and possibly Movable if you want it also to scale up/down, add  Marker on the screen where it should go to.
    Once picked call an action that sends it to your marker Character : Move to point.

Cherry on the cake, child a particle emitter to your collectable so when it moves it leaves a nice star like trail. :)

• How to add marker?

item should appear in the center of the screen. If i put marker, it will be scrolling with a scene.

Character : Move to point should be added to item picture or to its hotspot?
  • edited December 2015
    You add markers from where you add all AC stuff. AC tab next to the inspector tab, in scene AC tab on your right side of your screen.
    Your marker is a final destination and it is a separate object the only purpuse it has is to tell your objects where to move. According to your picture it should be placed where white number 1 is.

In case you want your item appear in the middle of the screen.
    You would need to create a dummy collectabe object right there ( since you would have 1 as a small one somewhere on your screen that you click on or your character picks up), set it invisible or add Sprite Fader component if you want it to fade in and set opacity to zero.

Character : Move to point  should be in your actionlist!:) it's an action!

You trigger your hotspot ( I don't know how you do it) by the mouse click or your object/player/character collides with your collectable object. You need to set what interaction it should run in your hotspot or trigger that is placed right where your little collectable is.
    interactions, actionlists, cutscenes are all the same things, different names but do the same thing they run your actionlist.
     And then your actionlist should run.

This is how AC works. Or most stuff in game making.

• edited December 2015
    thanx, but i want  appearing object with complex animation (witn animated child objects).

I added interaction to an object and set visibility to invisible, but in game it still visible

• edited December 2015
    You have a real mess there .

I'm afraid you haven't done any AC tutorials at all, even the basic ones. Since you ask questions like how to add marker, how to add an action, where to put interactions...

I said you need to set your interactions in your hotspots or triggers...
     You set invisibilty either by unchecking that Sprite Renderer component or adding Invisible component to your object.
    In case you want it to fade in/out you will need to add Sprite Fader component and click on color of your Sprite Renderer component and set the opacity to zero.
     Then you can manipulate, give orders what to do with these components you added in your actionlist/interaction. For this you create  a hotspot and an interaction , you link that interaction to your hotspot.
    In Interactions you add actions, all what is added/done there is called an actionlist.

Anyway it is better for you to go through some basic 2d tutorials. It will make your life easier, really.

Because whatever help I offer you, you don't understand.
    I think all of us went through the tutorials and the documentation.
    There, watch this tutorial and particulary 29:04 - Hotspots and Interactions, but I suggest to watch it all.

So you can get a real picture of how AC works.

Don't get me wrong I'm not being a samrtass that tells people to piss off and do tutorials before you post anything about your problems.

I want to help you, but without your basic knowledge it would require to go through every little single thing.

• Sorry, but i dont find in tutorial video or AC tutorials how to turn on or off animation of an object.
    I will try Object: Animate .
  • If you've set up your animations to take advantage of Mecanim parameters, then you can indeed use the Object: Animate Action to control those parameters.