Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot with marker

Problem of motion with second click on a hotspot when the player already reached the marker.

Ex: I have a Hotspot (mirror) and a marker (Marker: mirror).
I have an interaction Look. The player moves the marker, stops and says something ("I have a beautiful mustache").
If I do not move the player and click the hotspot again (Look), the player turns around, move, turn around again and again returns to the marker.

I do not understand. Normally, the second time, no need to move since the plater already in the marker position.

Note: I have no Action script  such Character:Move to Point

Comments

• Are you using v1.49a?  I thought this had been fixed already.
  • Yes I'm using V1.49a
  • OK, I'll look into it.
  • This is actually quite a complex problem, as it depends on your destination accuracy setting and movement speeds.  Many users may never come across it, but here's a way you can get around it:
    • Change your Hotspot's Player Action to Walk To, and then check Set minimum distance and set the proximity to 1.
    • At the start of your Hotspot's Interaction, place a Character: Move to point Action that takes the character the rest of the way to the Marker.
  • I'm sure that movment manager should be a complex problem!

To give you much information as possible.
    I'm using 5.2.2f1 of unity pro and V1.49a of AC on mac book 2011 version 4GO 256GO air Yosemite 10.10.5 on 2.5D game.
    For Pathfinding. I'm using Unity Navigation as in your 2.5D Tuto.

I have Two interactions:

Look : Dialogue speech xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Walk to Marker (The Marker Y position is 0 correct?)
    Face after moving (Checked)
    Take  :  Dialogue speech xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    To put the object in inventory (Action Inventory add)
    Face after moving (Checked)

The first move (Look) is correct: The player moves to the marker and stop.
    If I replace Walk to marker by Walk To with Set Minimum Distance checked and proximity of 1.
    I get the same result. Everything is OK for Look.

The problem is with the second interaction (Take). The player is already at the good position(Marker) so he  does'n need to move.
    In both Case (Move to Marker or Move with proximity 1). the Player the  turns around, move, turn around again and again returns to the marker.

PS: I don't know if it is important  but I have modified the following for obstacle detection :
    AC Game editor settings is:
    Movement settings:
    NavMesh search % :0.509 
    Destination accuracy : 0.406

I will try To modify your 2.5D tuto with TinPot and  add two interactions (Look and Take)on a Hotspot to test and see if i can  reproduce it.

• I can certainly do something about having the Player not move if you're using proximity.
  • I have made a test with the demo Game 3D. (I can do the same with 2.5 demo but i think that's the same)
    I'm using in settings Interaction Method : Choose Hotspot then interaction

I create an Hotspot Cube near the Tinpot
    I create a marker and set Two interactions (Look and Take)
    I have the same result

But if I use Walk to with Proximity 1. It seems to work
  • But not in my game 2.5D  :(
  • I can use proximity. no problem. Do  you think you have an update to make?

• Whether your game is in 2.5D or 3D should make no difference.  But as I've said, I will be looking into it.  Please wait for v1.50.
  • Ok Thank's :-*