Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity navigation vs mesh collider

Just wondering why I would want to use mesh collider instead of unity navigation.  Seems like mesh collider is more difficult to set up so wondering if it's really worth the effort.  Thanks in advance.  John

Comments

• Depends on your specific needs. The mesh collider system allows for changing the navmesh at runtime, but I've personally never run into any situations that couldn't be handled in a simple way by using the dynamic features of unity's native navigation system for the same effect.
  • Thanks for the reply.  I think I will start with unity's navigation as it seems easier for a rookie to implement.  John
  • edited December 2015
    Check out this dev blog - he seems to work with plain vanilla Unity, so many of the issues he describes will be handled by AC out of the box, but still recommended for an insight into what's actually going on:

EDIT: Five entries so far - quite interesting but nothing that AC doesn't handle by default.