Forum rules - please read before posting.

General question about using PARTS of AC, in a non AC game.

HI Ive been doing alot with Adventure Creator recently and I love it. I love it SO MUCH that when Im making a game that is'nt really suited to AC, for example Google Cardboard experiments or Photon Multi player games.. I MISS bits of AC VERY MUCH!!!!

Simple things like, animating and moving NPCs, controlling cutscenes, the AWESOME out of the box Saving and Loading... Cross fading cameras... and OH MY GOD MENUES!!! and GUI!!! Music, sound fx, options menu.. Voice files, animated mouths, importing and exporting translating docs...

So Im wondering, how much of a work around would be needed to be able to use all (or some of) these features in games where predominately I MUST use a special player character?

What would happen if I dragged my Google Cardboard Player (with 2 cameras) or my Photon Player(with loads of PlayMaker FSMs and Photon components attached) into the player slot?

What would break if I added Photon View components (for multi player synching) to AC NPCs?

Basically...

What "Bits" of AC could be standalone in other games?

MArk

Comments

• I've been doing what I can to make AC more compatible with other gameplay types in recent updates - each of the systems (Inventory, Menu etc) can be individually disabled (use the Engine: Manage systems Action), and AC will "shut down" temporarily when you enter a non-AC scene.

AC characters and multiplayer, however, would not work well together.  Try your luck, but AC is built from the ground-up to be a single-player-only game toolkit,