Forum rules - please read before posting.

Lipsinc from speech text problem

edited November 2015 in Technical Q&A
Was following lipsinc tutorial and couldn't make lipsinc play from speech text.

I have an animation of a character (not in a sense of a player or NPC), on top of it I made an empty object and added player script, then I childed mouth sprite and created talk animation with 5 frames. All in all the setup looks like Brain 2d character. Except that I only have  mouth sprite, since I only want here to play lipsinc on top of my animated sprite of my game person.

I have a  hotspot with an actionlist where I have Dialogue: Play speech where I define my charcter/player as speaker and there is some text  there too. And when I hit that hotspot mouth animation doesnt play.

imageimageimageimage

Thanks...

Comments

• I'm a little confused by your description of it not being a character in the Player/NPC sense.  And your GameObject is tagged as Player?  The screenshots are cut-off.

If you have no need for multiple directions, simplify things by unchecking that box in the Player Inspector, and also the Walk and Run animation names.  You'll need to supply an Idle state that exists, however.
  • What I mean is that I simply have 2d animation of a person.
    And an empty game object with player script attached and mouth animation of 5 frames childed to it.
    I simply want this mouth appear and do lipsync.
  • Have you tried the steps I suggested?

If you need a working example of this, Brain2D works with this feature.
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks Chris, I also forgot to add that childed mouth to Sprite Child in Standard 2d Animations.
    It works now.