Forum rules - please read before posting.

Simple Point And Click Help

Hello

I am totally new in AC. Need help for to make a two rooms movement process. like I will click on specific hot spot / Area in a picture then it will load another picture. and If I press another area it will load the old picture.

Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Use Object: Visibility action in your interactions that you linked your hotspots with.
  • Thanks! Could you please tell me about what are the object parameter to load the second picture. I did it but next picture is not coming
  • edited November 2015
    I'm afarid you are just adding hotspot components to your pictures.
    In my opinion this is not wise since it would limit your freedom of manipulting objects.

Create separate hotspots, just as hotpsots from the AC inspector. If you need to customize your area of clicking that hotspot add Polygon Collider 2d component to your hotspot from Unity inspector and define your area.

As I mentioned create interactions and link them to your hotspots.
    If you have a hotpsot on top of another one blocking it from clicking, you would need to add Hotspot: Disable or enable after your Object: Visibility and disable that hotspot or move it to somewhere out of the screen so you could click on the second hotspot that is behind the first one.
     Or you can put your second hotspot on top of the first one but turn it off by adding Remember Hotpsot component to it with Hotspot state on start Off. Then in your actionlist of your 1st interaction for your 1st hotpsot you need to add Hotspot: Disable or enable enabled your 2nd hotspot.

P.S. Talking about the two rooms movement process. If your intentions to have 2+ rooms and have some visial elements characters, NPC, gameplay, etc. in each room. You'd beter keep each room in a separate scene/level and simply change the scenes by loading them with Engine: Change scene action.

Don't forget to add all your scenes to your game build in File>Build Settings>Add Current so you could relate to them by numbers and tell Engine: Change scene action which scene to change.

This is basic stuff. You need to go through some tutorials, you can find them in tutorial section of AC site.
  • Thank you it worked! I am making individual scene for every room. and loading it by Engine: Change Scene. Just wondering is it ok for a game with 5 Levels with 10 scene in each level ? how to reset/clear memory after finishing each level. or AC will do it for me.
  • edited November 2015
    It is up to you how you arrange your levels and scenes,  whatever way you comfartable to work with.

Use action Engine: End game there you can restart game, quite game, reset scene etc.

Not sure reagrding memory this is what Unity handles. By logic each level is unloaded from the memory after changing it.
    Otherwise we would all had lot's of troubles with our gazilions levels :)
     Besides what would be the point of having separate levels/scenes, except for nicely keeping the game objects in order.
    It would have sounded like,-  just load the whole game :)