Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom animation clips interfering with walking animation

Hello!

I am trying to create a list of actions for a player to open a door. When the player uses the door, the character moves to the marker in front of the door, then i call a custom animation clip for the character to push a button, then transform the door open and move the character through the opening automatically. Seems like it should be pretty basic stuff.

However, when I have the custom animation clip to push the button enabled, the character will not WALK through the opening, he just slides. If i disable that action for the custom clip, the character walks as expected.

The clip isn't very long, and my character does not rely on root motion. When I'm watching the animator component live, the animation clip progress bar fills up to 100% and stays there, as if it were stuck, until my full action list completes. The "walk" animation component then never gets accessed. I have tried creating a transition from the clip to my idle clip, to no success. I have also tried manually adding a new action once the push button action completes to force the character back into idle, but that doesn't work either.

Here are some screens of the animator component while 'stuck', the character sliding through the door, and my character's inspector:

any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• ok, well, looks like it was a beginner's error. Adding a transition from my clip to my idle enabled it to move on, and its working.

Woot